Should I Upgrade My Commercial HVAC Filter?
As businesses reopen following the coronavirus pandemic, one topic of great concern is the availability of clean, fresh air in indoor commercial spaces. The air indoors can be significantly more polluted than the air outdoors, which is why it’s essential for businesses to invest in an upgraded HVAC filter to clean out unwanted airborne contaminants. There are many benefits associated with upgrading your commercial HVAC air filter, but doing so requires the care of a professional team. Be sure you consult with an expert heating and cooling specialist to better understand what upgrades may be available and how you can achieve a healthier, cleaner environment for your commercial space.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Commercial HVAC Filter
Having a strong HVAC filter in your system is a great way to improve the indoor air quality in your commercial building. Upgrading your commercial HVAC filter can provide you with the following benefits:
- Decreased airborne contaminants, such as bacteria, viruses, and allergens
- Improved airflow/ventilation
- Increased system efficiency
- Reduced spending on heating and cooling
- Decreased sick leave from employees due to improved health
Depending on how your commercial building is used, you may be required to upgrade or change your filter more regularly. If your building deals in manufacturing, has windows and doors open often, burns fuel near the building, or has smoke near the building, you may need more frequent air filter changes. If your employees or building occupants routinely call in sick or you experience a spike in energy expenses, it’s a clear indication that you need to upgrade your commercial HVAC filter sooner rather than later.
Types of Commercial HVAC Filters
There are three main types of commercial HVAC filters that building owners typically use when enhancing their indoor air quality. These include the following:
- Fiberglass Filter: The most common type of HVAC filter, these filters are layered with fiberglass materials that are laid over each other to create the filter media and are reinforced with metal grating to prevent filtration failure.
- Polyester & Pleated Filters: Akin to fiberglass filters, these filtration solutions are much more adept at resisting airflow and stopping dust in its tracks for superior indoor air quality results.
- High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filters: The most robust air filtration systems available, HEPA filters can filter out the finest of particles, effectively removing contaminants 0.3 microns or larger at a rate of 99.97%.
Your commercial HVAC filter upgrade largely depends on which type of heating or cooling unit you currently have installed. A knowledgeable heating and cooling specialist will be able to tell you if your system can be retrofitted to receive the benefits that more modern air filtration technologies can provide. Be sure to consult with a commercial HVAC contractor to understand what options may be available.
AFGO for Your Commercial HVAC Needs
If your commercial HVAC system needs an upgraded air filter, look no further than the team at AFGO to meet your needs. We carry a broad range of superior air filtration systems designed specifically for commercial building applications. Contact our team to discover what products are available to help you achieve improved indoor air quality today!