A Message From AFGO About Our Response to COVID-19
Dear Valued AFGO Customers,
With the recent health concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we want you to know the measures we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus. The health and safety of our employees and customers is our highest priority. AFGO Mechanical Services has taken a proactive approach from the beginning, and we have made adjustments since then that have kept us running at full speed.
Our office staff are working from home, and we have been tracking our employees in the field for any and all health-related issues. Any person with signs of COVID-19 is remaining home until they receive a doctor’s note stating that they are clear of the virus.
AFGO has purchased additional face shields that have been distributed to all who are working, and we are taking additional sanitizing measures in our trucks, office, and homes. Our commitment to safety and the well-being of our employees has enabled us to maintain a workforce that is eager and ready to serve.
We would like to thank all of the people working on the front lines to combat this virus, and thank you as well to those who have supported and kept AFGO afloat during these uncertain times. We are open for business, and we are ready and able to serve our great community.
Blaine T. Udell
AFGO Mechanical Services
What is AFGO Mechanical Services Doing to Keep Customers Safe During Visits?
When we are contacted by a customer to schedule a service appointment, our representatives will ask the following questions:
- Is there any reason that we should refrain from entering your business facility, especially in relation to COVID-19?
- Has anyone in your facility exhibited or reported flu-like symptoms such as fever or shortness of breath?
- Do you have any reason to believe your facility has been exposed to the virus, or has anyone working within the facility been asked to self-quarantine?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” our team will work diligently to decide the safest course of action necessary to resolve the issue. If the service requested is not urgent, we may ask that the appointment be scheduled for a later date. However, we will prioritize emergency service requests, while taking every precaution necessary to keep everyone involved safe.
Some of the extended sanitization measures we are taking as an extra precaution include:
- Increased hand-washing (with soap and water for 20 seconds)
- Sanitizing hands regularly
- Cleaning the work site before and after work is performed
- Maintaining social distancing
- Wearing additional protective gear such as gloves, face masks, and face shields
For more information regarding COVID-19 and its impact on the community, you may wish to visit the following websites:
AFGO is committed to providing our customers with the essential services they need while maintaining the safety of both our team and the community we serve. If you have questions about our services as they pertain to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our customer care experts. Give us a call at (718) 478-5555 or contact us online today.