Choosing the right commercial HVAC contractor will ensure the safety, reliability, and longevity of your system.
Here are 7 tips to get you started.
1. Do your homework. Look for licensed and insured HVAC contractors that are in good standing with the BBB. When you find one, check online reviews, and find out how long the company has been in business.
2. Ask around. Word of mouth is any business’s best friend or worst enemy. Ask family, friends, and colleagues for HVAC contractors to call…or to avoid.
3. Check references. If an HVAC contracting company name drops and boasts about its clientele, it should be confident enough to provide references. Call the former (or existing clients) to inquire about service quality, timing, and budget.
4. Shop around. It’s best to get written quotes from more than one contractor. Don’t feel obligated to go with the first company you meet with.
5. Don’t bargain hunt. While you want to gather a few quotes, the cheapest contractor is not necessarily the best one. Choose value over price. Find out if ongoing maintenance is included with HVAC installation or if the company offers maintenance packages for a reasonable monthly fee.
6. Schedule an on-site analysis. Once you’ve found the right contracting company to install your HVAC system, have them come in to examine your property and existing system. They should take their time on the assessment to provide you with a fair estimate and plans for an HVAC system to match your needs and budget.
7. Get it in writing. Before your contractor starts the job, make sure all specs and costs are written out. Take your time to review the proposal, and don’t be afraid to ask about anything you don’t understand.
With over 75 years of experience in the HVAC industry, AFGO is the premier provider of HVAC service, maintenance, design, and installation in the Tri-State area. While we may not be the first contractor you call, chances are, we will be the last!