HVAC RETROFITTING & DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY
Is your New York City business’s outdated heating and air conditioning system driving up energy costs? Do employees and guests complain of comfort issues? Are you looking at an expensive upcoming repair? All these problems can be solved if you replace your HVAC system. But what if you’re not financially able to take on a large-scale equipment upgrade?
Fortunately, there’s another option: Retrofit your existing HVAC system with energy-efficient add-ons. AFGO Mechanical Services offers commercial HVAC retrofitting in New York City. We customize our services to match your unique application, catering to the size and complexity of your system for optimal results.
Contact AFGO today for more about HVAC retrofits and how they work or to schedule an HVAC retrofit in NYC.
Benefits of Commercial HVAC Design & Retrofitting for Your New York City Business
All heating and cooling systems need to be replaced eventually, but you can delay making that investment for years with a cost-effective re-design and retrofit.
Here are the benefits:
- Save energy: Small offices and retail spaces save an average of 35% after adding retrofit technologies. Savings in cold climates (like NYC) may rise as high as 40%.
- Prolong equipment life span: Replacing defective parts can extend your HVAC system’s life for years, reducing repair and maintenance requirements in the process.
- Adapt to infrastructure changes: Retrofitting is the answer to meeting changes in heating and cooling demand, whether you recently rearranged your interior or added a new wing.
- Improve comfort: More consistent operation from a retrofitted system provides better temperature and humidity control for a more comfortable interior.
- Enjoy a faster ROI: Retrofitting requires a far smaller investment than replacing the whole system, providing a return on investment in a shorter time frame. You may also have access to energy efficiency rebates, speeding up your ROI even more.
Is Your Commercial HVAC System a Good Candidate for Retrofitting?
Here are the factors that help determine if a new HVAC duct design or equipment retrofit could be right for your New York City business:
- Your equipment is in good overall condition with a history of regular maintenance, but your energy bills have been on the rise lately.
- You plan to keep your HVAC system for at least 18 more months.
- If you had to go one way or the other, a larger system would be better than a smaller one.
- Your system runs for several hours each day, increasing the opportunity to save with a retrofit.
Are you considering commercial HVAC installation for your Queens business? Contact AFGO today to speak with an expert.
Commercial HVAC Retrofitting Options
The opportunities to retrofit your system depend on the type of equipment you have and its current condition. Packaged heating and cooling systems are particularly good candidates for retrofitting.
Here are some changes you might make to retrofit a rooftop air conditioner:
- Install air-side economizers to use cool outside air when available. This improves cooling efficiency by taking some of the load off the compressor.
- Put in supply fan speed controls to regulate air movement based on fluctuating heating and cooling loads.
- Add demand-controlled ventilation to adjust intake and exhaust fan speeds based on carbon dioxide levels in your commercial building.
- Set up cooling capacity controls to convert your compressor into a variable-speed unit. This reduces the load when you don’t need the system to run at full capacity, saving energy in the process
Whether you need commercial HVAC installation in Queens, HVAC design and retrofitting, or more, the experts at AFGO have the solution.
Contact us today to learn more.
Improve the Efficiency of an Older Building With an HVAC Retrofit
If your commercial building was constructed more than a few decades ago, there’s a good chance it’s using older, less-efficient HVAC technologies that could be costing your business money, using too much energy, and leaving your building with less-than-optimal comfort.
At AFGO, we specialize in retrofitting buildings from the 1980s, 1970s, and earlier with the latest HVAC equipment and technologies. Our team can design and install HVAC systems tailored to the heating and cooling requirements of your building while staying within your design and budget constraints.
Our HVAC retrofit services can help improve the comfort and air quality of your commercial building, minimize energy consumption, reduce utility costs, and maximize the service life of your HVAC equipment.
We can also include a range of technologies to make your HVAC system more efficient and easier to manage, from variable-frequency drives and variable refrigerant flow air handlers to advanced controls and automation, zoning systems, economizers, and more.
Bring your NYC commercial building into the 21st century with HVAC retrofit services from AFGO.
Call 718-478-5555 or contact us online to discuss your HVAC retrofit requirements with our experts today.
Schedule Commercial HVAC Retrofit in NYC
Are you unsure if your current commercial HVAC contractor is up to the task of retrofitting your older system? Turn to AFGO for the retrofit, build-out, or modification your system needs to function more efficiently. Our turnkey installation capabilities ensure the perfect integration of HVAC system design and implementation to meet your demands.
At AFGO, nothing is more important to us than our clients. We’ll take the time to fully understand your HVAC needs, budget, and expectations to ensure your complete satisfaction with our work.
- We’ve seen and done it all: From total system replacements at industrial facilities to rapid emergency repairs for highly trafficked businesses, no job is too complex for our team.
- We offer top-of-the-line technology and educated, experienced contractors: When our customers choose AFGO, they know they’re getting the best heating and cooling services for their business.
Contact us online today to learn more about HVAC retrofitting in your commercial building.
We have nearly 100 years and three generations of experience serving Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs.